Qualitative exploration of factors motivating adolescent girls to masturbate from the perspective of growth-based family-based sexual education model
: Other related topics
Seyyed Mohsen Asghari Nekah
Introduction: Adolescence is a risky period in sexual development and the possibility of masturbation or harmful habits in front of girls and families, which sometimes affects their marital life, but there are few Iranian studies on girls masturbating, so this The study was conducted with a preventive and educational orientation to explore the masturbation of adolescent girls.
Method: This qualitative study was conducted in the context of counseling interaction with families and girls with masturbation complaints during 1397 to 1399. In this study, 4 adolescent girls aged 14 to 17 years were included in the study by available sampling method. Data were collected through in-depth semi-structured interviews.
Results: The findings of this study showed 3 main categories and 19 sub-categories in response to the question of factors leading to masturbation, which are the priority of environmental-communication factors (such as communication challenges with parents, family stressors, unlimited communication with the opposite sex), respectively. , Psychological factors (such as sexual fantasies, and misconceptions about masturbation, cyberbullying, and pornography addiction) and social factors (such as harmful social environment, level of education, and material well-being).
Conclusion: The analysis of participants' experiences indicates that communication-family, psychological and social factors have been effective in motivating adolescent girls to masturbate, respectively, and it seems that family empowerment can play a pivotal and decisive role in these factors. Therefore, preventing or quitting masturbation requires a family-centered sexual education model based on scientific principles in a broad and rich framework of religious and cultural teachings to be able to achieve sexual health in the form of family education programs in schools, national media and counseling clinics. Help teens.
1. Nasiryan M, Haghdoost A. [Determining the required parameters for modeling the transmission rate of HIV in the country in high risk groups]. Journal of Knowledge and Health2010;5:65-65. (Persian).
2. Frank,E. (2016). Masturbation, The Wiley Blackwell Encyclopedia of Gender and Sexuality Studies.
3. Asghari Nikah, Seyed Mohsen (2018). Growth-based family-centered sex education model: A solution for sex education in accordance with the educational teachings of the Abrahamic religions. Abstracts of the First International Conference on Religious Education in the Abrahamic Religions.
4. Marashi A, Mehrabian T. [Investigating the correlation between obsessive-compulsive disorder, impulsivity, spiritual well-being and self-esteem Sexual masturbation in students of Shahid Chamran University of Ahvaz]. Journal of Rafsanjan University of Medical Sciences2016;16:1138-1152. (Persian).
5. Asghari Nekah, Seyed, M. Masturbation in Youth, Speech Writings of the Chastity Working Group of Ferdowsi University of Mashhad.
6. Mohammadi Rey Shahri, Mohammad; Pasandideh, Abbas (2012). Strengthening the family from the perspective of Quran and Hadith. Hadith Publishing Organization. Fifth Edition.
7. Salari Far, Mohammad Reza; Shojaei, Mohammad Sadegh; Mousavi Asl, Seyed Mehdi; Dolatkhah, Mohammad (2014). Mental health with an attitude towards Islamic sources. Seminary and University Research Institute in collaboration with the Organization for the Study and Compilation of University Humanities Books (Position).
8. Gelimi Kashi A. Effectiveness of self-compassionate psychotherapy on masturbation and self-esteem and anxiety in boys in Kashan.MA. Dissertation. Kashan: Yazd University of Science and Arts, College of Humanities,2017:7-19. (Persian)
9. Najafi M, Attari A, Marathi MR & Moeen Y. [Comparison of sleep status of children aged 3 to 7 years old with masturbation with control group in Isfahan]. Journal of Isfahan Medical School2012;26 (169): 1-10. (Persian).
10. Saeedipour B, Heidari A. [Pathology of youth issues in relation to family and the issue of sexual deviations, Onanism or Self-esteem]. National Conference on Pathology of Youth,2010 Feb 26, Falavarjan:Islamic Azad University, Falavarjan Branch, (Persian).
11. Shafi H,Ramji A, Kasaiyan AA, Yosefnia YR,Aghajanimir MM, Akbarzade Pasha A&
Ghasempour A. [Penile fracture in men referring to the Shahid Beheshti of Babol
hospital], Journal of Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences2007;15(45):41-47.
12. Tamilselvi K. Adverse effects of Masturbation behaviour of the Adolescent girls in
Chennai,Tamil Nadu, India. Publication of research gate,2018.
13. Aboul-Enein W,Ross CM.Evidence for Masturbation and Prostate Cancer Risk. Sexual Medicine Reviews2016;4(3):229-234.
14. Rastrelli,G., Boddi,V., Corona,G., Mannucci,E& Maggi,M. (2013). Impaired Masturbation‐Induced Erections: A New Cardiovascular Risk Factor for Male Subjects with Sexual Dysfunction., The Journal Of Sexual Medicine,10,1100-1113.
15. Anjum FH, Oades GM, RAO S, Tassadaq T.Masturbation inducing synchronous bilateral testicular torsion in an adolescent.BJUI Intrnational2007;92:52-53.
16. Hojat Panah H, Amani Z, Tale Pasand S. The Relationship between Self-Control Growth and Ethical Judgment on the Academic Achievement of Fifth Grade Students. Journal of Educational Research2018; 36:74-90. (Persian).
17. Ulin PR, Robinson ET, Tolley EE. Qualitative Methods in Public Health: A Field Guide for Applied Research. USA: Jossey-Bass; 2005.
18. . Vaismoradi M, Turunen H, Bondas T. Content analysis and thematic analysis: Implications for conducting a qualitative descriptive study. Nurs Health Sci 2013; 15(3): 398-405.
19. Darvish Khezri Z, Motaherinejad H. [Psychosocial-Psychological Survey of Pornography in Sexual Addiction], The First Scientific Conference on Psychology, Educational Sciences and Community Pathology, E-Gol, Green Gold Company, Payam Society2016. (Persian)
20. Bornstein M, Lichtenberg J, Silver D.Obscuring Desire: A Special Pattern of Male Adolescent Masturbation, Internet Pornography, and the Flight. Psychoanalytic Inquiry2012; 32:480–495.
21. Tashakori A, Safavi A, Neamatpour S. Lessons learned from the study of masturbation and its comorbidity with psychiatric disorders in children: The first analytic study. Electron Physician2017; 9(4): 4096–4100.
22. Sharma,V., Sharma,A.(2007).The guilt and pleasure of masturbation, A study of college girls in Gujarat, India.63-70.
23. Shojaei, Mohammad Sadegh; Heydari, Mojtaba (2010). Healthy human theories with a view to Islamic sources. Imam Khomeini Educational and Research Institute Publications.
24. Mousavi, Seyed Abbas; Emami Rad, Ahmad. (2019). Reference book on sexual satisfaction of spouses, factors and obstacles. Publications of Baqir Al-Uloom Research Institute (PBUH).